The Royal Thai Embassy in New Delhi would like to announce a new consolidated online registration channel for non-Thai nationals wishing to travel to Thailand and residing in New Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh for the submission of personal details and documents online at:
Categories of non-Thai nationals who may be permitted to enter into Thailand are as follows:
- Member of Diplomatic Missions, Consular Representatives and International Organisations (DCIOs) in Thailand, including spouse, children and parents
- Non-Thai national spouse, parents or children of a Thai national
- Non-Thai national holding Certificate of Residence or who is permitted to have residency in Thailand, including spouse and children
- Non-Thai national holding a valid work permit or granted permission to work in Thailand, including spouse or children
- Non-Thai national student of educational establishment in Thailand under the approval of Thai authorities, including their parents or guardian
- Non-Thai national in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of COVID-19, including accompanying persons
Details of required documents for each category is available at http://newdelhi.thaiembassy.org/en/2020/08/coe_application_announcement/
Applying for a Certificate of Entry (COE) with the Royal Thai Embassy in New Delhi
Step 1: Submit required details and documents in the online registration form at https://www.cognitoforms.com/RoyalThaiEmbassyInNewDelhi/RegistrationForNonThaiNationalsApplyingForPermissionToEnterThailand
Step 2: Wait for the e-mail response from the Embassy.
– If the details and documents are complete, the applicant will be notified to wait for the details of the upcoming flights from New Delhi to Bangkok.
– If the details and documents are incomplete, the applicant will be notified to resubmit the online form with the complete documents.
Step 3: The Embassy will notify the applicants of the details of the repatriation flight from New Delhi to Bangkok, then the applicant has to reserve the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility for a period of 14 days from the date of arrival at his or her own expense. List of ASQ facilities is available at http://newdelhi.thaiembassy.org/en/2020/07/asq-hotel-list/
Step 4: The applicant has to provide the confirmed ASQ reservation to the Embassy in order to reserve the seat for the flight.
Step 5: The applicant has to make a payment for the air ticket. (Details and mode of payment may vary for each flight/operator) then provide the evidence of the payment and the ticket reservation to the Embassy.
Step 6: The applicant has to provide necessary medical certificates:
(1) COVID-19-free Health Certificate, a medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory results indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, issued
no more than 72 hours prior to travel; and,
(2) Fit to Fly or Fit to Travel Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to travel.
Step 7: The Embassy will issue a COE for the applicant that has completed all the necessary requirements. If the issuance of a visa is necessary, it will be done at this stage.
Upon Entry into Thailand
The non-Thai national/s is required to present the following documents upon arrival at the airport in Thailand:
- COE issued by the Embassy or Consulate-General;
- Declaration Form, duly filled-in and signed;
- Health insurance policy covering treatment and medical expenses related to COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000.- (US Dollars one hundred thousand);
- COVID-19-free Health Certificate, a medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory results indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, issued no more than 72 hours prior to travel; and,
- Fit to Fly or Fit to Travel Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to travel.
- All non-Thai nationals who have already sent a request/application to the Embassy by e-mail have to apply again via the new online registration form.
- Each applicant has to submit an individual online registration form of his or her own. Spouses, children and parents are required to register separately.
- Tourist (TR), Transit (TS, S), Non-Immigrant type R (Religious),
O-A (Long Stay, Retirement), O-X (Long Stay) are not currently eligible to enter Thailand.
- In case of a change in the date of travel and/or the ASQ reservation,
please notify the Embassy at the earliest opportunity. Failing to do so, the non-Thai national will not be able to enter Thailand.
- The Embassy will not be held responsible for any expenses that may occur arising from the change in the date of travel.