Vacancy for Political and Economic Assistant
The Royal Thai Embassy will recruit suitable candidates for a Political and Economic Assistant
Application Date: 19 February – 1 March 2021
Details of the position
Position Title: Political and Economic Assistant
Starting date: 1 April 2021
Salary: Starting at INR 32,xxx; with annual pay raise subject to performance assessment.
Duration of Appointment: Continuing nature subject to completion of probationary period.
Work Schedule: Full Time (Monday – Friday) with occasional weekend and
overtime work during special events or visits.
Responsibilities (Includes, but not limited to):
– Monitor, summarise, analyse and report on India’s domestic as well as related external affairs political/economy developments.
– Contact, coordinate, and maintain close working relationships with related key officials, governmental agencies, international organisations and Foreign Diplomatic Missions.
– Provide logistical and operational support, including handling correspondence, responding to day-to-day enquiries, and coordinating visits of delegations.
– Other responsibilities as assigned by the Embassy.
Minimum qualifications required for Political and Economic Assistant
– Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognised university in political science,
economics, or any other social science;
– Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English;
– Related working experience will be preferable and considered favorably;
Competencies for the position
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other information technology system
– Strong team work skills;
– Ability to work under pressure with positive and constructive attitude.
How to apply
– Submit the following required documents:
> Curriculum Vitae with passport-size photograph;
> Essay on Thailand – India bilateral relations (not more than 500 words)
> Additional documents e.g. letters of recommendation, degree certificate of
higher education with transcript, copy of Aadhaar card or Passport and
previous published articles;
– Send the application by email with its heading as “Application for Political and Economic Assistant” to Email: Thaiemb.firstname.lastname@example.org
– Applicants will be initially screened and to be considered, applicants must fulfill the minimum qualification required in each criterion. Failure to demonstrate eligibility will result in the application marked as unqualified.
– Shortlisted candidate(s) will be given a recruitment test, and successful candidate(s) from the recruitment test will then be invited for an interview.
– Successful candidate will be selected based on his/her interview and recruitment test as well as other qualifications such as work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and reference checks.
– Late applications will not be accepted.
– Interview date for the shortlisted applicants will be announced at a later date.
– False or fraudulent information on or attached may result in being eliminated
from consideration of this position or being terminated after award.