The SMART Visa, launched on 1 February 2018, is a new type of visa designed to attract highly skilled manpower and investors to help accelerate the development of the country’s targeted industries.
What is a SMART Visa?
The SMART Visa program is designed to enhance Thailand’s attractiveness in drawing science and technology experts, senior executives, investors and startups. The SMART Visa is offered to foreign experts, executives, entrepreneurs and investors who wish to enter into the Kingdom of Thailand to work or to invest in the following “10 S-Curve” industries or the country’s targeted industries.
- Next-Generation Automotive
- Smart Electronics
- Affluent, Medical and Wellness Tourism
- Agriculture and Biotechnology
- Food for the Future
- Automation and Robotics
- Aviation and Logistics
- Biofuels and Biochemicals
- Medical Hub
Visa Type Category Purpose SMART T Highly-Skilled Experts (Talents) I Investors E Senior executives S Startup entrepreneurs O Spouse and Children of SMART Visa holders
For more information on ‘Criteria’, ‘Qualifications’ and ‘Privileges’ of each SMART Visa category, please refer to the website of Board of Investment (BOI) of Thailand here
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants who wish to apply for the SMART Visa are requested to carefully read the information on SMART Visa on this website . Create your account in order to submit an application for qualification endorsement via the SMART Visa Online System here
For more information on how to apply for the SMART Visa, please refer to the Applicant’s Mannual
WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Document for SMART Visa ‘T’ (Talents)
- Document for SMART Visa ‘I’ (Investors)
- Document for SMART Visa ‘E’ (Executives)
- Document for SMART Visa ‘S’ (Startup Entrepreneurs)
- Document for SMART Visa ‘O’ (Spouse and Children)
WHERE TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
All the supporting documents should be submitted together with the complete and signed SMART Visa application form. An applicant can send the SMART Visa application through postal service or submit the same directly at the SMART Visa Unit, One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) located at
18th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building,
Chamchuri Square Building, Phayathai Road
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Alternatively, the SMART Visa application can also be submitted at the Royal Thai Embassies /The Royal Thai Consulate Generals where an applicant resides. The Royal Thai Embassies /The Royal Thai Consulate Generals shall forward the SMART Visa application to the SMART Visa Unit for approval. The processing time for qualification endorsement is 30 working days from the date of receipt of application by the SMART Visa Unit.
For those applicants who have a residence in India can submit their applications directly at
The Royal Thai Embassy,
D 1/3 Vasant Vihar,
New Delhi, 110057
– An applicant is required to schedule an appointment for submission of SMART Visa application at the Embassy. Appointment can be scheduled over the telephone at 011-4977-4100
– The Embassy shall accept only those SMART Visa Applications that meet all the requirements mentioned in the checklists.
The Royal Thai Embassy