วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 9 Nov 2023
On 5 – 8 November 2023, Ms. Pattarat Hongtong, Ambassador of Thailand to India, visited the cities of Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of the state of Kerala, and Kochi, a significant economic port in the state. The purpose of the visit was to strengthen relations at the state level and seek avenues for trade and investment opportunities for Thailand. During the visit, important scheduled activities included:
1. Courtesy Call on Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan, Honorable Chief Minister of Kerala, to discuss enhancing cooperation between Thailand and Kerala in various aspects, such as promoting trade and investment. The Chief Minister acknowledged Thailand's potential to attract foreign investors to invest in the country and expressed a desire to exchange knowledge, particularly in the areas of tourism, healthcare, and traditional medicine in India. Additionally, discussions focused on attracting potential state-owned companies from Kerala to invest in Thailand.
2. Visiting the Susrutha Medical Institute and Panchakarma Hospital, a comprehensive healthcare institution in Kerala that provides integrated medical and Ayurvedic care. The facility offers long-term recovery services, where physicians monitor patients' conditions and provide customized Ayurvedic treatments.
3. Exploring Somatheeram, a wellness resort that pioneered Ayurvedic treatments in India.
4. Studying the operations of the Kerala Startup Mission, a government initiative in Kerala to support innovative startups in the state, especially those addressing societal challenges in India.
5. Meeting with business leaders in Kochi, organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry, to discuss ways to enhance trade. The Kochi delegation recognized the potential of Thai products and encouraged increased visits from Thai private sector representatives to explore investment opportunities, particularly in the fields of food processing and packaging for the fishing industry.
6. Meeting with SFO Technologies, a company specializing in IT components and circuit boards. The discussion aimed to encourage consideration for expanding investments into Thailand's Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC), covering the entire process from design to delivery.
Overall, the visit aimed to foster stronger ties between Thailand and the state of Kerala and explore potential collaborations in various sectors.